Welcome

I'm Kyle Hutzler - a sixteen year old highly interested in business, economics, and finance. Over the past two years, I've spent upwards of 200 hours working on a policy paper on education reform. My original intentions with this paper - completed independently - were simply to make the most of my perverse sense of fun. Along the way, I happened to learn of the Davidson Fellowship - a scholarship for gifted high-school students.

It was from here that I began to redirect the work for submission - garnering the support of professionals close to home and around the country. In July 2008, I learned that I was selected as a 2008 Fellow and was honored to attend the awards ceremony at the Library of Congress in September. Here you will find the portfolio as submitted in March 2008.
- Fall 2008

Sunday, January 6, 2008

A welcome to Change Agency readers

I've been asked by Stephanie Sandifer at Change Agency to be a guest blogger from January 11th to the end of February. It promises be an exciting opportunity to move this paper ever closer to its aspiration of being a part of the necessary debate over education reform. I'm thinking through what to post at the moment - my biggest concern is how to best present the essence (if not totality) of the paper. Beyond a first, introductory post, I'll need to think about concisely (and coherently) presenting the paper's analysis, positions, and policy proposals.

I'll be responding intensively to comments - Change Agency has upwards of 70 "listeners" on Feedburner - throughout my tenure. I welcome your criticism and opinions - especially in the areas of policy. The Davidson Fellowship expects its submissions to be of graduate-level quality. I ask: how would you assess the paper's quality? What additional research, books, and theories should I consider in the final months before submission?

As I've noted before, the interconnectedness of the Internet means that once you've been brought into the echo chamber, your voice tends to spread increasingly quicker and louder as others tune in and serve as a conduit in spreading your message even further along. I'm close to reaching the level of sustainable readership that will allow the paper to reach more and more people. I'm looking forward to interacting with you all in the next month. Thanks for welcoming me into the debate.

Update
| Posts on Change Agency:
Flattening out and shaking up | Hapless, utterly hapless | The politics of choice, accountability, and autonomy | Houses of vacuous ability | Blog, meet thesis| Introduction

No comments: