Welcome

I'm Kyle Hutzler - a sixteen year old highly interested in business, economics, and finance. Over the past two years, I've spent upwards of 200 hours working on a policy paper on education reform. My original intentions with this paper - completed independently - were simply to make the most of my perverse sense of fun. Along the way, I happened to learn of the Davidson Fellowship - a scholarship for gifted high-school students.

It was from here that I began to redirect the work for submission - garnering the support of professionals close to home and around the country. In July 2008, I learned that I was selected as a 2008 Fellow and was honored to attend the awards ceremony at the Library of Congress in September. Here you will find the portfolio as submitted in March 2008.
- Fall 2008

Monday, February 18, 2008

One step closer


As I finish my guest-blogging tenure at ChangeAgency, my work towards the Davidson Fellowship is now all but complete. I have secured the three nominators required to submit the paper, and have finished the required process essays and video commentary. Most importantly, I have completed the paper's transition to the new graphic design layout that I previewed in some of the first posts. I am excited to post the near-final paper (PDF).

It's becoming ever more exciting in the final weeks before the paper goes out the door (with all the necessary copies and additional elements, I am only beginning to imagine how much postage for the project will be. I offer my tremendous thanks to the some fifteen educators from around the country who have intensively offered their insights to the project - from the editorial to substantive. The support that I have received has been most unexpected - and even more welcome. (Today, I am glad to add Dr. Joseph Bishop at Eastern Michigan University to the list of advisers.)

In the next few weeks, I'll be posting additional updates as I finish the project. Until then - only the best.

No comments: