Welcome

I'm Kyle Hutzler - a sixteen year old highly interested in business, economics, and finance. Over the past two years, I've spent upwards of 200 hours working on a policy paper on education reform. My original intentions with this paper - completed independently - were simply to make the most of my perverse sense of fun. Along the way, I happened to learn of the Davidson Fellowship - a scholarship for gifted high-school students.

It was from here that I began to redirect the work for submission - garnering the support of professionals close to home and around the country. In July 2008, I learned that I was selected as a 2008 Fellow and was honored to attend the awards ceremony at the Library of Congress in September. Here you will find the portfolio as submitted in March 2008.
- Fall 2008

Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Davidson Fellowship

28 June 2008

Dear Friends:

It is my sincere pleasure to inform you that I have been selected as a 2008 Davidson Fellow for my policy paper on education reform.

On 24 September, I will be recognized alongside some of the most promising scientists, artists, and writers of my generation at the Library of Congress, where I will receive a $10,000 scholarship.

To all of you who have played a part in this project, offering your insight, your platform, your nominations, and your best wishes, this award is the highest thanks that I can offer you.

I began this project with a quotation by Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.: "Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions." At this culmination of our shared endeavor, I cannot help but turn to Robert Frost. It was he who wrote, "But I have promises to keep. / And miles to go before I sleep."

And miles to go,
Kyle Hutzler.

No comments: