Welcome

I'm Kyle Hutzler - a sixteen year old highly interested in business, economics, and finance. Over the past two years, I've spent upwards of 200 hours working on a policy paper on education reform. My original intentions with this paper - completed independently - were simply to make the most of my perverse sense of fun. Along the way, I happened to learn of the Davidson Fellowship - a scholarship for gifted high-school students.

It was from here that I began to redirect the work for submission - garnering the support of professionals close to home and around the country. In July 2008, I learned that I was selected as a 2008 Fellow and was honored to attend the awards ceremony at the Library of Congress in September. Here you will find the portfolio as submitted in March 2008.
- Fall 2008

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Davidson ceremony


On September 24th, my family and I were honored to attend the Davidson Fellows ceremony at the Library of Congress, where I was delighted to meet this year's nineteen other fellows, Senator Cardin of Maryland, Roberto Rodriguez, education policy adviser to Senator Kennedy, and the Institute's founders, Jan and Bob Davidsion.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kyle,

From what I've read of your paper, it looks very impressive.

What sort of comments and criticisms did the Davidson Fellows judges have for your work?

What precluded them from giving you a larger scholarship, considering your paper's depth, breadth and societal relevance?

I have good reason to wonder, since I'm applying this year :)

Kyle said...

Hi Renata -

I'd be delighted to talk with you more about your project and application. Please contact me at kyleahutzler@gmail.com.