Welcome

I'm Kyle Hutzler - a sixteen year old highly interested in business, economics, and finance. Over the past two years, I've spent upwards of 200 hours working on a policy paper on education reform. My original intentions with this paper - completed independently - were simply to make the most of my perverse sense of fun. Along the way, I happened to learn of the Davidson Fellowship - a scholarship for gifted high-school students.

It was from here that I began to redirect the work for submission - garnering the support of professionals close to home and around the country. In July 2008, I learned that I was selected as a 2008 Fellow and was honored to attend the awards ceremony at the Library of Congress in September. Here you will find the portfolio as submitted in March 2008.
- Fall 2008

Friday, August 14, 2009

Profile in the Calvert Recorder

Huntingtown student gets national recognition
Gretchen Phillips. Calvert Recorder
October 10, 2008

"What started as an extracurricular project made one local high school student $10,000 richer toward his college endeavors.

Kyle Hutzler, 16, was the recent recipient of a Davidson Fellows scholarship by the Davidson Institute of Talent Development for an essay he wrote on education reform."

No comments: